What’s the difference between CREW Network membership and CREW NJ membership?
CREW NJ is an affiliate organization of CREW Network. Therefore, a member of CREW NJ is also a member of CREW Network. This global Network is comprised of 75+ affiliate organizations with a total membership of more than 11,000 CRE professionals.
While the overall purpose and goals of CREW NJ reflect those of CREW Network, CREW NJ has its own unique structure allowing it to meet the needs of its market. CREW NJ uses the CREW Network Qualified Fields of Commercial Real Estate (QFCRE) to guide its membership criteria and experience prerequisite, and determines its own dues, programs and member activities.
How often do you meet? What’s the time commitment for membership?
CREW NJ typically holds a breakfast, luncheon or evening event once a month, and periodically hosts additional professional development and networking events. These events are held at a variety of venues throughout the state. CREW NJ also hosts a golf outing once a year. We encourage members to get involved on a committee to help maximize your membership experience. Committee participation can vary, but each committee normally has a one-hour meeting or conference call once a month.
What are the benefits of membership?
Joining CREW NJ provides you with access to a host of valuable benefits!
- Targeted, Effective Networking: Network with other commercial real estate professionals to build relationships, foster new business, and promote mutual business interests.
- Professional Development: Maximize your potential and achieve professional growth and excellence. CREW NJ promotes the advancement of professional development of women in commercial real estate and related fields. Educate yourself in the real estate field and attend events where prominent speakers address diverse and compelling issues that impact the commercial real estate industry. For a list of upcoming events, click here!
- Discounts: CREW NJ members receive a discounted rate at meetings and are welcome to bring guests. CREW NJ members may also attend the annual convention and other events at member rates.
- Give Back: Opportunities for active participation and contribution to your community through charitable programs.
Will I have access to the national CREW Network?
As a member of CREW NJ, you are also a member of CREW Network — a network of more than 11,000 members in 75+ major markets across the country — and have access to all CREW Network benefits:
- Exclusive access to CREWbiz, an online business networking tool, membership directory, speakers’ directory and personal marketing profile. Your profile on CREWbiz can be used to promote your skills and expertise to our member base of more than 11,000 professionals globally.
- Discounted registration to the CREW Network Convention and Marketplace
- Discounted registration to the winter, spring and fall CREW Network Leadership Summits
- Exclusive access to programs and leadership trainings, including the CREW Network Certificate in Leadership
- Complimentary copy of all CREW Network industry research benchmark studies and white papers
- Access to hundreds of industry job postings and career assistance through the CREW Network Career Center
What are the requirements to join?
Your employment for a minimum of 5 years* in the commercial real estate industry entitles you to apply for membership in CREW NJ. CREW NJ also requires that you have attended two meetings and have two sponsoring members prior to submitting your application, in addition to a business reference. If you need assistance in finding a sponsor, please contact the CREW NJ office at email@example.com or 973-250-4614.
*Haven’t reached 5 years yet? Applicants with less than 5 years experience may be admitted as associate full members — contact the CREW NJ office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-250-4614 for more information!
How much does membership cost?
The dues year is January 1 through December 31. Annual dues for a “Real Estate” member are $360, plus a $25 non-refundable processing fee for new members. Annual dues for a “Real Estate Affiliate” member are $660, plus a $25 non-refundable processing fee for new members. Payment may be made by check or credit card — specific instructions are provided during the application process. Click here to join!